Science Celebration is from 1:00 - 2:15 today, up on the track in the gym. Parents and friends should enter through the Amelia office and go up the stairs outside the gym to the door at the top to enter the track.
Students must stay for the entire time, but they may be dismissed at 2:15 to go home with a parent after notifying Miss Meloche in person. The rest of the students will help clean up and will go home at the regular time.
6th Grade Dallas Trip
March 23 - 25, 2015
Once again we will travel to Dallas, Texas with our sixth grade class. Below are some of the included highlights of our trip:
- Calco Motorcoach bus to Dallas
- Accommodations at Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine
- Full access to the Great Wolf Lodge Indoor Water Park - A great way to get some exercise after a long day of traveling!
- Cowboy Stadium guided tour - Explore the math concepts of size, measurement, proportional relationships, and graphing in new and exciting ways. Also, investigate the science concepts on energy, force, and motion.
- Medieval Times matinee and lunch - A great introduction to the 6th grade novel study of King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table. Students will compare and contrast the stages of knighthood and weapons and learn about feudalism, feasts, and tournaments.
- Perot Museum of Nature and Science - In this newly designed science museum, children will experience sound and light waves, speed and flight, common elements in rocks and minerals, to name just a few. Students will also participate in hands-on classes during their visit.
- A night of culture-live performance of the musical, The King and I
- All meals
The trip will cost $425.00 per person.
$100 deposit is due to Mrs. Pottle by February 23, 2015.
Final payment is due by March 13, 2015.
A more detailed itinerary and packing information will be provided soon.
We look forward to enjoying Dallas with your child.
Please reply to Mrs. Pottle to verify whether your child will attend.