6th Grade Science (Students) » Practice Test/Quiz Answers » Sci. Process Skills - Prac.Test|
||Sci. Process Skills - Prac.Test
Directions: Please don't peek at the answers unless your completely done with the practice test. If you have any concerns about your answers please see me as soon as possible.
14. Keep Same (Controls): Type Fish, Amount of Food, # Fish, Environmental Conditions
Change (Independent Variable): Size of fish tank
15. Indep. Variable - Amount of cooking time; Dep Variable - Taste (Rank)
Controls - size of cookie dough ball, type of cookie dough, Temp of Oven/Cookie Sheet
Measuring tools - timer, oven (temperature)
What proving? - How does cooking time effect the taste of cookies?
Errors - Temperature of oven became warmer over time, mass of cookie dough balls were incorrectly measured, cookie sheet already used and warmed up
16. Indep. Variable - Type of waste basket; Dep Variable - # Baskets Made
Controls - Number of balls thrown, type of sporting ball used, distance thrown from, style of toss, environmental conditions
Measuring tools - ruler (measure distance thrown), tally chart (# made)
Errors - Didn't measure distance or count correctly, people might toss differently,
19. Indep.Variable - Type of ball; Dep Variable - Distance Traveled (cm)
Controls - Angle of the ramp, force used to release (stick), environment
Measuring tools - Measuring Tape (distance), protractor (measure the angle)
What Proving? - Which type of ball rolls the farthest distance at a certain angle.
Errors - Angle incorrect, problem with the release, ball roll straight down the ramp?
26. The lead ball now has a different volume (amount of space) which can drastically effect the density of an object. This change in volume will probably create a smaller density which may cause the object to float compared to when it originally sank. Just think, you can change the volume of your body in a swimming pool. If you spread yourself out on top of the water, you float becuase your volume is large compared to your mass. But if you curled up into a ball, you would sink because you've changed your volume and the overall density of your body is now greater than 1.0 g/ml. Your mass will stay the same.
26B. Beetle and Chipmunk Footprint Picture - C
27. The density of the water was changed by adding salt. This makes it more dense than before. This slight change causes the 5 eggs to float on top of the water instead of sink.
28. Willow - The wood is the least dense of all the other woods seen in the picture. As a result of this, it would be able to displace more water and hold more heavy camping equipment
30. Same Size Jars, Rocks Need to be the Same Size (Mass) , Shaking Time, Environmental Conditions. There could be other controls in this experiment as well.
6th Grade Science - Mr. I
Bay Middle School
27725 Wolf Rd.
Bay Village, Ohio 44140