An Awesome Reading Program Rockets To Hearst!!
Hooray! Our school has subscribed to an online library of exciting reading materials, so our students now have access to a wonderful world of books through www.raz-kids.com. Raz-kids helps students improve their reading skills as they listen to a book read for modeled fluency. Students can also read books to themselves or aloud for practice. In addition, if your computer has a built-in record function/microphone, students can record themselves reading the same book. Interactive quizzes are available at the end of each book to check for understanding. The titles rotate on a 6-week cycle, so there are new books every six weeks! Students can NOW use this website to do their home reading!! Simply read for 20 minutes on Raz-kids and then pick one of the books to write in on your reading log.
Here is how to access the website and your child's reading assignment from any computer connected to the internet:
1. Go to http://www.raz-kids.com and click on “log-in”.
2. Type in the teacher’s username: klunsfordb and click “go”.
3. Find your name on the chart and click on it.
4. Enter your password when prompted (it's the same password as 1st in Math).
5. The books in your child’s assignment and the number of stars he/she has earned will appear on a personal assignment page. Your child can choose to listen, read, or take a quiz by clicking on the symbols below each book.