- June 8, 2017 - Long Island Council for Alcoholism and Drug Dependence (LICADD) will be joining us at our final PTSA meeting to present "Current Trends in Substance Use," including a discussion on Vaping. Please join us for this important event.
- May 4, 2017 - Join us in the HS Little Theater at 7:00 pm for a very important presentation on "Drug Abuse Prevention." We are happy to welcome Upside, Inc. to Island Trees for the first time.
- January 12, 2017 - Assembly for High School students - "UnGuarded: A Conversation with Chris Herren". For more information, we encourage you to visit: ahoopdream.com
- October 18th, 2016 - the PTSA is proud to sponsor an assembly presented by the Rachel's Challenge organization whose goal is to "make schools safer, more connected places where bullying and violence are replaced with kindness and respect; and where learning and teaching are awakened to their fullest". Our 5th and 6th graders will see "Rachel's Story" and our 7th and 8th graders will see "Rachel's Challenge". We encourage you to speak to your child(ren) about this program and join us for a Community Presentation on October 18th at 6:30 pm in the MMS GPR. For more information, please visit: RachelsChallenge.org
- On Tuesday, January 19th, 2016 the PTSA welcomes guest speaker Britney Becker from LICADD (Long Island Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependency). Our 7th-9th graders and 10th-12th graders will hear a presentation on Social Media, Sexting and the Digital Age. They will hear tools on how to feel safe when posting information and learn strategies for reducing stressors and anxieties that come with using social media. They will also learn what consequences they may face when they post or share information that is deemed illegal. This is a very important and timely message for our students.
- On Monday, October 26th, 2015 the PTSA is proud to sponsor an assembly presented by Marc Mero, former WWE Wrestling Champion and founder of "Champion of Choices".
Marc's program focuses on timely and significant challenges students of all ages face on a daily basis including bullying, substance abuse, peer pressure and suicide prevention. The content of each assembly presented will be age appropriate, therefore, there will be three separate assemblies that will take place during the day:
- 5th and 6th Grade
- 7th, 8th and 9th Grade
- 10th, 11th and 12th Grade
- On Wednesday, October 28th, 2015, at 7:00 pm in the High School auditorium, Marc will come back for an evening presentation. We welcome all parents to come to this important and informative event.
We invite you to visit www.thinkpoz.org for more information.
Island Trees School District