It's not only children who grow. Parents do too. As much as we watch to see what our children do with their lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours. I can't tell my children to reach for the sun. All I can do is reach for it, myself. ~Joyce Maynard
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Island Trees Council of PTAs Board at ITCouncilofPTAs@gmail.com.
ISLAND TREES COUNCIL OF PTAS
What is Council's role in PTA?
PTA Council is an effective way of uniting PTA activities, projects and services for the School District.
What is Council's job?
Council's job is to provide support and assistance to each of our local PTAs. It is a channel of communication to relay information and news to the local units. By unifying the local PTAs we can work together as well as exchange ideas in planning to run our school's PTA more effectively and efficiently.
NEW YORK STATE PTA MISSION STATEMENT
The New York State Congress of Parents and Teachers, Inc (NYS PTA) recognizes that every child deserves excellence in education and quality of life. NYS PTA will maintain its commitment and service to all children and to its diverse membership through increased parent and community awareness, advocacy, education and involvement.
NEW YORK STATE PTA'S BELIEFS
- Every child deserves to have his/her basic needs met.
- Every child deserves an education designed to meet the child's needs.
- Public education is the appropriate forum to prepare children for participation in democratic society.
- Every child deserves our continued commitment to advocacy.
- PTA will take the lead in parent involvement by training parents to be partners in education.
- PTA will take the lead in promoting the value of parent involvement with community and educational partners.
- We are responsible for identifying, and meeting the needs of our diverse membership.
- Educators are an integral part of our organization.
- Education and leadership training and self-evaluation are essential at all levels.
- Programs and materials should be provided to enhance parenting skills.
- Challenging oneself leads to growth.