||A Symphony of Whales
A Symphony of Whales
by Steve Schuch
illustrated by Wendell Minor
Comprehension Skill - Generalize
Comprehension Strategy - Story Structure
- shut in on all sides; encircled; enclosedchannel
- a waterway that joins two larger bodies of waterbay
- a part of a sea or lake partly surrounded by landblizzards
- snowstorms with very strong, cold windssupplies
- food and other necessary itemsanxiously
- uneasily; nervouslychipped
- cut or broke off small, thin pieces of somethingmelody
- an easily remembered series of musical notes symphony
- a long musical piece for an orchestra
Spelling - Suffixes -ly, -ful, -ness, -less, -able, -ible
Cross Curricular Standards (NM):
S2-B2G-PO1 - Identify the components of the Earth's biosystems and their makeup (e.g., air, land, water, plants and animals.
S3-B3D-PO1 - Explain the significance of participation and cooperation in a classroom and community.
S2-B2A-PO3 - Classify common animals according to their observable characteristics (e.g., body coverings, structure)
S2-B3B-PO4 - Identify how water exists in the air in different forms (e.g., n clouds and fog a tiny droplets; in rain, snow, and hail) and changes from one form to another through various processes (e.g., freezing/condensation, precipitation, evaporation).
NEED HELP DOWNLOADING:
||pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 7 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.
||doc file: You need the Microsoft Word program, a free Microsoft Word viewer, or a program that can import Word files in order to view this file. To learn more about the free Microsoft Word Viewer, visit the Microsoft Word website.
Welcome to Mrs. Cartwright's 3rd Grade!
Las Cruces Public Schools