Support Your Child as a Mathematical Thinker:
1. Become aware of any mathematical anxieties you have and be careful not to pass along your fears to your child.
2. Realize that you don't have to know all the answers! One of the most helpful answers may be, "Let's find out together."
3. Talk to your child about the relevance of Math to future success. Share how Math is seen and used in his/her everyday world.
4. Encourage your child's interest in Math and let him/her know he/she can succeed.
5. Ask, "What's happening in Math class?"