Mrs. Spriggs' English Website » Animoto Instructions
These are basic guidelines; follow specific expectations for each project.
1. Go to http://animoto.com/
2. Sign up for the plus account. Use the educational promotion code from Mrs. Spriggs (a4espri6d5e95); do not enter any credit/debit card information! This account is free with the code, but we only have 50 free accounts. You will not receive SPAM e-mail. You will need the same e-mail account and password to log in and create videos throughout the semester.
3. Sign in to your account. A window will most likley appear asking if you are interested in upgrading. Close this box and hit the icon at the top of the screen that says "Create Video."
4. Create a video.
5. Choose a background style.
7. Find images on Google that relate to your assigned topic. Save them in a folder. Upload all of these images (using shift and arrow key) to your video.
8. Your images should appear in boxes. Underneath these boxes, there are icons for add more, add text, spotlight, etc.
9. Hit the T box to add text. You are limited to 52 characters, so write concisely. You may divide the text between two slides. However, this film should consist mainly of images and BRIEF slides of words. Include a slide that contains the names of your group members.
10. You can move the boxes around to arrange your film. Hit “Done” when finished.
11. Add music to your film (either Animoto’s selection or your own)
12. Keep the speed the same
13. Title your film and make sure your names are included.
14. Hit Create Video
15. Animoto will e-mail you when your film is finished. You can always edit the film (change the song, images, speed, etc.). Don't forget to SAVE your project!
Mrs. Spriggs' English Website