||6th Grade Religion
The Greatest Story Ever Told
Take your place in the greatest of stories...
Selected pictures from last year in class
How did we begin? Can we believe in evolution? What was the deal with Moses and that Red Sea thing? Sixth graders have plenty of questions, and the answer to many of life's questions can be found by breaking open the greatest story ever told, the Bible. Sixth grade religion classes are designed to immerse all students in the Old Testament stories of the Bible, beginning with the creation of the world in Genesis. Students will learn the sacred stories that defined the Ancient Jewish people, and will be reminded throughout that the stories are not just ancient tales from thousands of years ago, but stories of their own faith that ring true today. Through it all, students are challenged to take their place in the greatest story ever told by following God's will, for God wants to make another great Bible story out of all of us!
Units in this class include:
- Introducing the Bible
- The Patriarchs
- The Exodus
- The Rise of the Kingdom
- The Fall of the Kingdom and the Prophets
Highlights of this class include:
- All students will receive their own brand-new Bible as a gift from Trinity. We will receive them after a couple of weeks of class, and use them as our primary textbooks for the remainder of the school year.
- We will be reading, acting, reading, reviewing, reading, discussing, reading, imagining, and reading many of the great stories of the Bible. As you can see, there is a lot of reading the Bible in class!
- The prehistory trial, in which we put several characters of the Old Testament on trial to find who is guilty or innocent
- The original Bible race, in which teams race around a field while looking up important facts in the Bible.
- The Bible character project, in which we end the year by making interactive Prezi presentations on the Bible characters we covered in class.
The Fish Bowl
4985 Ilchester Road
Ellicott City, MD 21043