NOMINATIONS FOR EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
Elections for the John Lewis Childs School PTA Executive Committee will take place at our April PTA Meeting, which will be held Thursday, April 6th at 9am in the JLCS Auditorium. The Nominating Committee is seeking nominations for Executive Committee Members in order to recommend a slate of officers at this Meeting. Therefore, if you or someone you know would like to serve as an Executive Committee Member, kindly prepare the bottom portion of this flyer and send it in to the JLCS PTA Mailbox in a sealed envelope, Attn: PTA NOMINATING COMMITTEE. All envelopes must be in the PTA Mailbox no later than 2:30pm on Thursday, March 16th. The Executive Committee positions and some of their respective duties are as follows:
- President: supervises and manages the business and affairs of the PTA; presides over all meetings of the PTA, the Executive Board and the Executive Committee; and appoints all Committee Chairpersons.
- First Vice President: assists the President and performs all presidential duties when the President is absent.
- Second Vice President: assists the President and performs all presidential duties when the President is absent.
- Recording Secretary: prepares minutes of all PTA meetings; and maintains the permanent files of the PTA, including its minutes, Committee Reports, membership lists and records.
- Corresponding Secretary: at the direction of the President, distributes all PTA correspondence; acts as historian; and prepares annual activities report.
- Treasurer: maintains custody of all funds; maintains all financial records of the PTA, including all income and expenses; pays authorized expenditures; prepares and presents financial reports at every PTA Meeting.
YOU CAN NOMINATE YOURSELF. ALL NOMINATIONS ARE ANONYMOUS.
JOHN LEWIS CHILDS SCHOOL CHORUS
NY METS DAY
Friday, June 2, 2017
Free T-shirt Giveaway (First 15,000 fans)
New York Mets vs. Pittsburgh Pirates
The JLCS Chorus will be singing the National Anthem at Citified on Friday,
June 2nd when the NY Mets take on the Pittsburgh Pirates at 7:10pm. All JLCS
students, staff, families, friends and neighbors are welcome and encouraged to
attend the game and cheer on the JLCS Chorus and the NY Mets.
Tickets purchased will be in Sections 526 and 527 at Citifield. All children
must be accompanied by an adult. Transportation will NOT be provided.
If you would like to purchase tickets, please prepare the bottom of this form
and return it, along with a check payable to “JLCS PTA” in the requisite
amount, in an envelope marked “JLCS PTA - NY Mets” by March 31st.