||ATHLETIC TEAM TRY-OUT PROCEDURES AND POLICIES
FALCON COVE ATHLETIC TEAM TRY-OUT PROCEDURES AND POLICIES
Try-outs are for everyone! All boys and girls grades 6, 7, 8. Any student interested in trying out for any of the school athletic teams must have a 2.0 or higher GPA, may not have two U's (unsatisfactory) in their behavior on the report card that determines their eligibility, and must health insurance.
Please understand the Athletic Department/teams are competitive teams. We play other schools within the Broward County boundaries. It’s not a league that guarantees every student/player to play. Coaching is subjective. Our coaches choose the players they want to work with and players they feel will best represent our school.
1. Information about athletic team try-outs will be distributed in the following manner:
· Announcements will be made on the morning announcements.
· Announcements will be running in the cafeteria on television sets.
· Flyers will be posted around the school.
· Try-out forms will be placed on-line on the Athletic Department webpage, placed in the front office, and in the boys and girls locker rooms.
2. The Athletic Team Try-Out Forms will include the following information:
· Time, dates, and where they will be held.
3. In order to participate in an Athletic Team Try-Out you must do the following:
· Complete an Athletic Try-Out Form.
· Athletic Try-Out Form must be signed by an adult and the student. The signatures will state that all individuals understand the Athletic Team Try-Out Procedures.
· A copy of your insurance card. A student can't try-out without health insurance.
· Copy of most recent report card. Not pinnacle grades. Keep your report cards.
· Return the completed form to the coach in charge of the Athletic Team prior/before the first day of try-outs.
· Forms will not be accepted after the first day of try-outs.
4. The coach of the team sport will have try-outs for as many days as they need to choose the team. There are not a set number of days for try-outs. Some coaches will choose to have a first cut list, second cut list, and then have a final team list. Some coaches will choose to pick one final list of the students that have made the team.
5. Students who have been chosen for an Athletic Team (ex. soccer, basketball, volleyball, track, flag football) will be posted on a list that will be placed on the Athletic Team webpage (on the Athletic Department Webpage) and in the boys and girls locker rooms.
6. Students who were not chosen for an Athletic Team may make an appointment with the Athletic Director, if they would like more information.
7. If chosen for a school team, a student athlete is to maintain a 2.0 or higher GPA. If a students' GPA falls below a 2.0 they will no longer be eligible to play and be a member of the school team.
8. If chosen for a school team, a student athlete may not have two U's (unsatisfactory) in their behavior on the report card that determines their eligibility. If a students receives two U's (unsatisfactory) in their behavior, they will no longer be eligible to play and be a member of the school team.
9. If chosen for a school team, a student athlete that demonstrates behavior in school, in the community, or on social media that is detrimental to their team, coaches, teachers, or school will no longer be on the school team.
10. If chosen for a school team, a student athlete is not guaranteed playing time. Playing time is determined by the head coach. It is a privilege and an honor to be a member of the school team.