Math » Unit Eleven
3-D SHAPES, WEIGHT, VOLUME, AND CAPACITY
Below you will find an online link to unit eleven's family letter. These letters go home at the begining of each new unit. The letters describe the focus of the unit, the skills students will be learning, key vocabulary, ways you can help reinforce material at school, and information on how to help with homework.
ONLINE GAMES - Click on the file below labeled "Online Games and Activities" to access a website put together by another teacher to link students to games and activities for each unit of study in our Everyday Math curriculum.
In this unit skill students will be learning include:
1. How to add positive and negative numbers
2. How to subtract positive and negative numbers
3. How to describe events using terms usch as: certain, likely, very unlikely, and impossible.
4. How to count cubes to find the volume of a rectangular prism
5. How to use a formula to find the voume of a rectangular prism.
6. How to identify, describe, and compare solid figures such as: rectangular prisms, pyramids, and cones.
Mrs. Heaton's Website
Beaufort County School District
2510 Mossy Oaks Rd.
Beaufort, SC 29902