Math » Unit Ten
REFLECTIONS AND SYMMETRY
Below you will find an online link to unit ten's family letter. These letters go home at the begining of each new unit. The letters describe the focus of the unit, the skills students will be learning, key vocabulary, ways you can help reinforce material at school, and information on how to help with homework.
ONLINE GAMES - Click on the file below labeled "Online Activities and Games" to access a website put together by another teacher to link students to games and activities for each unit of study in our Everyday Math curriculum.
In this unit skill students will be learning include:
1. How to give fraction, decimal, and precent equivalencies
2. How to add positive and negative numbers
3. How to use a mirror to draw reflections (flips)
4. How to identify shapes with line symmetry, and draw lines of symmetry
5. How to identify and describe translations (slides)
6. How to identify and describe rotations (turns)
Mrs. Heaton's Website
Beaufort County School District
2510 Mossy Oaks Rd.
Beaufort, SC 29902