Math » Unit Nine
FRACTIONS, DECIMALS, AND PERCENTS
Below you will find an online link to unit nine's family letter. These letters go home at the begining of each new unit. The letters describe the focus of the unit, the skills students will be learning, key vocabulary, ways you can help reinforce material at school, and information on how to help with homework.
ONLINE GAMES - Click on the file below labeled "Online Games and Activities" to access a website put together by another teacher to link students to games and activities for each unit of study in our Everyday Math curriculum.
In this unit skill students will be learning include:
1. How to solve "fraction-of" problems like these: 1/4 of 20 and 3/5 of 15
2. How to solve discount number stories
3. How to rename fractions like these as decimals and percents 15/100, 6/10, 3/4, 1/5
4. How to solve decimal multiplication and division problems like these: 4.5 * 7, 56.7/5, 9.82*6, 345.6/4
5. How to find the area and perimeter of rectangles, parallelograms, adn triangles
6. How to use parentheses in number sentences
Mrs. Heaton's Website
Beaufort County School District
2510 Mossy Oaks Rd.
Beaufort, SC 29902