Math » Unit Eight
PERIMETER AND AREA
Below you will find an online link to unit eight's family letter. These letters go home at the begining of each new unit. The letters describe the focus of the unit, the skills students will be learning, key vocabulary, ways you can help reinforce material at school, and information on how to help with homework.
ONLINE GAMES - Click on the file below labeled "Online Games and Activities" to access a website put together by another teacher to link students to games and activities for each unit of study in our Everyday Math curriculum.
In this unit skill students will be learning include:
1. How to add and subtract fractions
2. How to make a scale drawing
3. How to determin the probabily of an event
4. How to find the perimeter of a polygon
5. How to count squares and fractions of squares to find the area of a polygon
6. How to use a formula to find the area of a rectangle, parallelogram, and triangle
Mrs. Heaton's Website
Beaufort County School District
2510 Mossy Oaks Rd.
Beaufort, SC 29902