Math » Unit Seven
FRACTIONS AND THEIR USES; CHANCE AND PROBABILITY
Below you will find an online link to unit seven's family letter. These letters go home at the begining of each new unit. The letters describe the focus of the unit, the skills students will be learning, key vocabulary, ways you can help reinforce material at school, and information on how to help with homework.
ONLINE GAMES - Click on the file below labeled "Unit Seven Online Activities" to access a website put together by a teacher to link students to games and activities for each unit of study in our Everyday Math curriculum.
In this unit skill students will be learning include:
1. How to solve "fraction-of" problems like these: 1/4 of 8, 4/5 of 30
2. How to find equivalent fractions
3. How to compare fractions like these: 1/4 and 1/10, 2/5 and 2/9
4. How to divide multidigit numbers like these: 492/7, 684/5
5. Add fractions like these: 1/6 + 2/6, 1/3 + 1/6, 1/2 + 1/3
6. How to use a fraction to describe the probabilty of an event.
Mrs. Heaton's Website
Beaufort County School District
2510 Mossy Oaks Rd.
Beaufort, SC 29902