Math » Unit Five
BIG NUMBERS, ESTIMATION, AND COMPUTATION
Below you will find an online link to unit five's family letter. These letters go home at the begining of each new unit. The letters describe the focus of the unit, the skills students will be learning, key vocabulary, ways you can help reinforce material at school, and information on how to help with homework.
ONLINE GAMES - Click on the file below labeled "Unit Five Online Activities" to access a website put together by a teacher to link students to games and activities for each unit of study in our Everyday Math curriculum.
In this unit skill students will be learning include:
1. Multiplying numbers like these: 23 * 5 and 214 * 3
2. Multiplying number like these: 26 * 31 and 78 * 64
3. Estimating sums like this: 493 + 262 is about 800
4. Adding and subtracting decimals like these: 8.4 + 6.3 and 14.75 - 8.32
5. Measuring line segments in inches and centimeters
6. Completing a "What's My Rule?" table
Mrs. Heaton's Website
Beaufort County School District
2510 Mossy Oaks Rd.
Beaufort, SC 29902