Science Fair Center » Science Fair - Ideas
Science Fair - Ideas
SCIENCE FAIR IDEAS
1. What gets you to the second floor faster – walking up stairs or standing still on the “up” escalator?
2. Are commercials louder then regular television?
3. Which waterway has the greatest salinity?
4. Does teaching raise blood pressure?
5. Does chewing extreme flavored gum change the temperature of your mouth?
6. Does putting glow sticks in the freezer make them last longer?
7. Does adding an aspirin to the water of cut flowers make them last longer?
8. How accurate is the five-second rule for food dropped on the floor?
9. Does the gender or race of a candidate affect preference?
10. Is there a relationship between eating breakfast and school performance?
11. Does saltwater effect waterproof mascara differently then regular water?
12. Can people hear the difference between a CD and a cassette?
13. Does a cup of movie theater soda give you the same amount as a can of soda?
14. How old does chewed gum have to be before it stops sticking to your shoes?
15. Which frozen dessert melts the slowest – ice cream, frozen yogurt, sorbet?
16. What is the fastest way to dry your hands under a blower – keeping them still or rubbing them together?
17. Which can support more weight – plastic or paper bags?
18. Which dissolves fastest in water – bath beads, bath salts, or bubble bath?
19. Is there more humidity at ground level or at a higher elevation?
20.How many days does it take to make a habit?
21. Does one rotten apple spoil a bunch?
22.Do new tennis balls bounce higher then old tennis balls?
23.Can you teach an old dog new tricks?
24.Can a guinea pig/hamster learn to go through a maze more quickly? (no harm to animals PLEASE)
25.If you are right handed does that mean when you walk you begin with your right foot?
26.Does licking the roof of your mouth stop brain freezes quickly?
27.Does the temperature of popcorn kernels effect how many kernels get popped?
28.Does age affect how far a balloon can be blown up in one breath?
29.Do colored candles burn faster then white candles?
30.Does deer meat produce less fat then ground beef?
31. Does the shape of an ice cube affect the speed at which it melts?
32.Do banana holders really help keep bananas’ from going bad?
33.Does eating spicy food make your heart rate go up?
34.Can eggs withstand a greater force from one direction than from others?
35.Do different liquids (i.e. orange juice, milk, honey) freeze faster then water?
36.What melts ice quicker – salt or cat litter?
37.Does blood type affect intelligence?
38.Does sugar in bubblegum affect the size of the bubbles you can blow?
39.Which is better hot or cold water for removing stains?
40.What brand of whitening toothpaste works best?
41. Does full fat milk freeze slower then skim milk?
42.Can super heating or super cooling a magnet make it loose its magnetic properties?
43.Do larger watermelons (or pumpkins) have more seeds?
44.Do boys waste more water then girls?
45.Do you use the same amount of water when taking a shower verses taking a bath?
46. Can you get more radio stations at night then you can during the day? (Earth Science related to the Ionsphere).
47. Does salt water evaporate more quickly then fresh water?
49. Does salt water evaporate more quickly then brackish (river) water?
50. Does the color of a container affect the rate of evaporation?
51. Does altitude affect the rate of evaporation?
52. Does algea put out more oxygen then a small house plant?
53. Does humdity affect the distance/height of a ball?
54. Does humdity affect food spoilage?
Mrs. Heaton's Website
Beaufort County School District
2510 Mossy Oaks Rd.
Beaufort, SC 29902