Free Nutrition Lessons for Educators
E4 = Eat | Energize | Exercise | Enjoy
Premise - E4
If children are informed about the food cycle at an early age, they develop healthy eating habits as a life style and practice portion control. This theme is anchored by the anachronism E4 = Eat, Excerise, Energize, Enjoy.
Author: Douglas Mitchell: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Coming Soon: A Free Nutritian Lesson Book on PDF will be available soon.
Download: Brain Foods and Top Blood Sugar Foods List Booklet (below)
Standards & Facts: Lessons follow the state and federal standards for nutritician and education and facts are verified from federal FDA facts.
Curriculum Topics - E4
Objectives - E4
- Health for Life — using e4 system: Eat, Energize, Exercise, Enjoy.
- Why we eat food — explain various reasons for eating (taste good, hunger, energy, glucose, etc.).
- What we eat — based on (3) food groups — carbohydrates, fats, proteins.
- Eat-the-Rainbow — explains how food colors are related to essential nutritional values.
- How food is turned into energy — empower your body to work, play, thinking.
- How often to eat — explain body burn (metabolism) and glucose levels.
- Food Life Cycle — how body processes food for energy, building, repair, health.
- How digestion works — to process food for body functions (metabolizing).
- How digestion works — explain the food cycle from ingestion, stomach, upper intestine, lower intestine, waste using visual animation story & function simulation.
- Portion control — understand the food pyramid.
- Portion control — determine portion sizes using visualizations (fit in hand) and actual food models.
- Portion control — explain meal quantities of carbohydrates, proteins, fats (food pyramid).
- Why eat healthy as kids — inspire for life long healthy eating habits.
- Understanding package food labels — learn to analyze and calculate intake values.
- Need for daily exercise — impact on body metabolism and life long commitment.
- How and why to enjoy your healthy body — inspire about being healthy and feeling good).
- Diabetes — how eating junk food, over eating, little exercise can lead to diabetes, organ diseases and other related problems.
- Product Nutritional Labels — understand, calculate, make eating choices based on product labels.
Rationale - E4
- Teach “Life Long Healthy Eating Habits”
Strategically designed for (5) groups:
Preschool, Elementary School, Middle School, High School, Adults
- Explain through animation story telling how the “Food Life Cycle” works in the body.
- How the body processes food to energize, build and repair muscle, how organs and body systems work together to use food for our best health.
- Explain how poor eating choices lead to diabetes, obesity, and other health problems.
- Explain why daily exercise is critical to life long health and how exercise influences metabolism.
- Teach kids to enjoy success from personal achievement and healthy eating choices.
Outline - E4
- Animation and simulation enables visual learning — to convey complex topics, quickly and easily.
- Teaching healthy eating and how the body digests at an early age will change eating habits for life.
- Explaining how and why our body works — teaches right thinking and better decision power.
- Explaining how healthy food benefits our body and brain will inspire good eating habits.
- Digestion - Understanding Our Body as a Food Processing Factory
- Food - Source of Health & Energy or Garbage In/Out
- Eat–the–Rainbow - Finding Super Health on Nature’s Table
- Portion Control - Use It for Energy or Store It for Fat
- Energize - Fuel for Living an Action Packed Life
- Exercise - Ready-Set-Go, Energy is Exchanged for Action
- Enjoy — You Are Healthy, Now What, Enjoy Your Life
NEED HELP DOWNLOADING:
||pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 7 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.
Kellogg's K12 Nutrician Planning Tools
For food-based or nutrient-standard menu planning systems, Kellogg’s® and Keebler® products will help increase your student participation.
Adobe Certified Instructor